If you travel to the Big Apple for the first time, you will be sweating the fat drop of what is coming to you, since the number of tourist places in New York exceeds any forecast, even for the most seasoned traveller.
We put her in the first position because she is one of those that will be an icon in the future and that currently creates a lot of controversy between detractors and defenders. We started the post of the places to visit in New York with controversy in its first monument. Do you like it? Are you fans or haters? We declare ourselves fans of the monument. we love the exterior and the incredible interior lobby, a huge column-free space that also houses a 2-story shopping mall.
Empire State And Its Observatories To See New York From Above
On July 29, 2019, the second phase Experience of the Empire State Building Observatory was inaugurated. As you ascend to the viewpoints through elevators and corridors, you will visit an interactive exhibition that will take you from the construction of the Empire State Building to the present day. You will also see a replica of the original structure of the building, enter a 180º surround sound theatre with 72 screens showing advertisements, movies and comics. And see King Kong face to face.
Statue Of Liberty
Another classic of the places to visit is New York. And what am I going to tell you about the Statue of Liberty? Well, I could explain the classic and essential, which is:
- A world symbol statue since 1886 that was a gift from France commemorating the centenary of US Independence.
- Its designer was Frédéric-Auguste Bartholdi and he participated in the Gustave Eiffel project.
- It is 93m tall and weighs 200 tons, even exceeding the weight of my mother-in-law, which indicates its incredible size.
- It has been the symbol of immigrants who came from the old world to start a new life. It was the first thing they saw when they arrived in America before being interned on Ellis Island.
What To See On The Island Of The Statue Of Liberty?
And after these wonderful data, I am going to give you a brushstroke of the things that will interest you in the visit and that I promise to make a post shortly explaining the top 8 tips for visiting the Statue of Liberty:
- You have to go to Clinton Castle to take the Ferry to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.
- When you disembark from the ferry there is a counter in front of the museum where you will be given a free audio guide to explore the entire island.
- Visit the museum of the Statue of Liberty.
- On the museum, you have the views that you see in the cover photo of this section.
- Along the tour of the shore of the island, you have posters with explanations listed to complement the information with the audio guide.
- Enjoy the perspectives of Manhattan from various corners of the island.
- If you do not have access to the crown reserved online well in advance, you will limit yourself to contemplating it from the outside, which is also very cool.
- On the way back you have the option of getting off at Ellis Island.
Fifth Avenue And 42nd Street, The Essential Streets To See In New York
Fifth Avenue is undoubtedly the most famous street to see in New York, but I wanted to add 42nd Street in this section because it is my favourite and, in my opinion, just as important and more rewarding to walk.
" We have the perfect solution for any occasion! "
The best private mansions of millionaires in the city once stood on Fifth Avenue. With the arrival of businesses in the area, these millionaires moved to the upper part of the city while companies and luxury stores settled there.